XML2PDF Formatting Engine is a .NET API engine for converting documents into print-ready formats and raster graphics.
- Inputs: XSL-FO, SVG, HTML and Microsoft Word (DocX, WordML 2003, Doc
- Outputs: PDF, XPS, SVG and raster graphics (TIFF, GIF, JPEG, PNG, WMF)
XML2PDF Workstation is a freeware desktop client application (GUI) for converting documents into print-ready formats and raster graphics using XML2PDF Formatting Engine.
XML2PDF Mobile is a freeware iOS app. We’re bringing the power of Altsoft XML2PDF document formatting engine to iOS with our new application.
PDF technologies - C/C++
We have a very long-term outsourcing project for a European company that specializes in preprint production software. We implement server-based libraries to support document formats that are used in prepress industry with the main format being PDF. The libraries implemented by our team allow the following manipulations with PDF documents:
- PDF creation, manipulation, editing, (re)saving, (de)compression, encryption/decription.
- Color management – conversion into CMYK, RGB, Gray, ICC profiles, Lab and XYZ color spaces.
- PDF/X-1a, PDF/X-3 and PDF/X-4 conversion and verification (ISO 15930), support of GWG-2012 profiles.
- PDF/A-1, PDF/A-2 and PDF/A-3 conversion and verification (ISO 19005).
- Font embedding, subsetting, replacing of glyphs with outlines or bitmaps, detection of potential font problems. All font formats that are used in PDF (TrueType, OpenType, PostScript Type1 and CFF) are supported.
- XML-based preflight engine. Contains a number of atomic actions, every actions is responsible for a particular PDF manipulation. A customer defines XML-based profiles and action lists that define a particular PDF transformation based on the atomic actions. Action lists can contain filters to filter out special type of graphic elements that should be modified by the atomic actions.
- Embedding of different type of images into PDF. A variety of image formats are supported. A special functionality of image downscaling and upscaling.
- Rasterization of PDF page into a bitmap image, generation of PDF page thumbnails etc.
- Special library for vector graphic. Detection and resolving of self-crossed paths, path flattening, calculation of union and intersection of two paths etc.
- Conversion of PDF into PostScript and EPS formats. All libraries are written in C++, tested in multithread mode, can be used for Windows and Mac platforms.
The project was started in 2000 and it is still in progress. The total time spent on the project is about 85 man-years.
Another project is connected with implementation and support of plug-ins for Adobe Acrobat for Windows and Mac platforms. The following technologies are used in this project:
- Adobe SDK, Adobe Dialog Manager, MFC, Win32 API, DDE, Cocoa, Power Plant etc.
The project was started in 2001. Our total experience on this project is about 21 man-years.
Large scale flow-based document management and processing system designed to run on Windows and Mac OS.
|Platforms||Win, Mac (Qt framework)|
Custom extensions created for the Virtocommerce platform including:
- Google Shopping
- Merchant e-Solutions
And many more.
For more information please visit the Virtocommerce website.
Computational geometry - C/C++
Computational geometry projects in PCB design and verification
Personal productivity - iOS
Personal time tagging application, allowing the individual to assign several tags to every moment in time and than see various reports on personal productivity.
Warehouse management system - C#
An accounting system for goods in the warehouse and communication with the different catalogs from different manufacturers.
XSL formatting objects - Java
Various custom additions for the open source print formatter driven by XSL formatting objects.
MS Word to Active Reports - C#
MS Word to Active Reports conversion for hospital workflows.
|Project management||MS Team server|
Internet-based enterprise scheduling C++/QT
Lets any member of the hospital or clinic staff schedule an appointment and optimization for each clinical discipline allowing different workflows to be incorporated.